Sources of Australian Pop Records
from the 50s, 60s and 70s
[plus some Aussie originals and some New Zealanders]
ORIGINALS - COVERS - REMAKES
SONGWRITERS - CHART POSITIONS
Browse by artist
Browse by song title
'LOOK WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO MY SONG' - Melanie Safka
LAST 5 NEW PAGES, LATEST AT THE TOP:
• Bev Harrell - One Way Ticket (1969) wr. Flick-Wright
• Helen Reddy - One Way Ticket (1968) wr. Lawrence-Hart + UPDATED
• The Times - Just Another Guy (1965)
• The Times - Tender Feeling (1965)
• The Cherokees - Moon In The Afternoon (1964) + UPDATED
RECENTLY UPDATED PAGES:
• Peter Doyle - Stupidity
• Matt Flinders - Picking Up Pebbles
• The Delltones - Come A Little Bit Closer
• Johnny Young, The Rajahs - Kiss Me Now
• Billy Thorpe - Mashed Potato + FURTHER UPDATE
OBSCURE ORIGINATORS DEPT
She recorded the original version of one of the most familiar Australian oldies of the 1960s. It was a hit for a much-loved female singer who had many songs on the Australian charts in the 60s and 70s.
This obscure original artist had been a member of US girl group The Angels. She was married to the lead singer of Dickie Doo And The Don'ts.
What was the Australian hit song that she originated? More here.
NEW TO THE LINKS PAGE
• Huge magazine archive at American Radio History, including:
• Record World magazine 1964-1982 (like Billboard & Cash Box)
• The Cliff Richard Song Database
• Women's Weekly 1933-82, inc. "Teenagers' Weekly" 1959-60s
• Andre's Oz Music pages, including:
• Australian Bandstand: full episodes 1960-1970
• Australian Record Labels: discographies + bonus content
AUSTRALIA'S PREMIER SONG HISTORY SITE SINCE 2004
Website by Lyn Nuttall.
Development: Lachlan Nuttall. Graphics: Gina Nuttall.
© Lyn Nuttall 2004-2019
Chart positions courtesy of Gavin Ryan's Australian Chart Books and Dean Scapolo's Complete NZ Music Charts.
Special thanks to Terry Stacey for information, corrections and suggestions.
Thanks also to Tony Watson, Joop Jansen, More...