Sources of Australian Pop Records
from the 50s, 60s and 70s
[plus some Aussie originals and some New Zealanders]
ORIGINALS - COVERS - REMAKES
SONGWRITERS - CHART POSITIONS
Browse by artist
Browse by song title
'LOOK WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO MY SONG' - Melanie Safka
LAST 5 NEW PAGES, LATEST AT THE TOP:
• Laurie Wade's Cavaliers > Marty Rhone - Every Minute Of You (1967)
• Bev Harrell - One Way Ticket (1969) wr. Flick-Wright + UPDATED
• Helen Reddy - One Way Ticket (1968) wr. Lawrence-Hart + UPDATED
• The Times - Just Another Guy (1965)
• The Times - Tender Feeling (1965)
RECENTLY UPDATED PAGES:
• Captn Matchbox Whoopee Band - My Canary Has Circles Under His Eyes + FURTHER UPDATES
• Dinah Lee - Do The Blue Beat
• Glen Ingram With The Hi-Five - Skye Boat Song + 3 NZ versions
• Terry Walker With The Hi-Five - Long Time Gone
+ FURTHER UPDATES
• Slim Dusty - A Pub With No Beer
• Marcia Hines - Your Love Still Brings Me To My Knees
OBSCURE ORIGINATORS DEPT
She recorded the original version of one of the most familiar Australian oldies of the 1960s. It wasn't a hit for her, but it was for a much-loved female singer who had many songs on the Australian charts in the 60s and 70s.
This obscure original artist had been a member of US girl group The Angels. She was married to the lead singer of Dickie Doo And The Don'ts.
What was the Australian hit song that she originated? More here.
• Vinyl label histories and LP discographies at cvinyl.com
• Jazz Age 20s: bios, photos, audio
• Worldwide 78 rpm label galleries
• Light/orchestral/MOR biographies: archive from Robert Farnon Soc.
• Sound of the Hound: history of recorded music
AUSTRALIA'S PREMIER SONG HISTORY SITE SINCE 2004
Website by Lyn Nuttall.
Development: Lachlan Nuttall. Graphics: Gina Nuttall.
© Lyn Nuttall 2004-2019
Chart positions courtesy of Gavin Ryan's Australian Chart Books and Dean Scapolo's Complete NZ Music Charts.
Special thanks to Terry Stacey for information, corrections and suggestions.
Thanks also to Tony Watson, Joop Jansen, More...