Sources of Australian Pop Records
from the 50s, 60s and 70s
[plus some Aussie originals and some New Zealanders]
Submit your Article
ORIGINALS - COVERS - REMAKES
SONGWRITERS - CHART POSITIONS
Browse by artist
Browse by song title
'LOOK WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO MY SONG' - Melanie Safka
LAST 5 NEW PAGES, LATEST AT THE TOP:
• Jon English - Behind Blue Eyes (1977)
• Elm Tree - Rainbow (1970)
• The Kinetics - You're So Good For Me (1967)
• Mecca - Black Sally (1970) + UPDATED
• Human Instinct [NZ] - Black Sally (1970)
+ Human Instinct - Tomorrow (1970)
• Clapham Junction - Good Time Music (1969)
RECENTLY UPDATED PAGES:
• Marcia Hines - You
• De Kroo Brothers - (And Her Name Is) Scarlet
• Johnny Cooper [AU] - Farmer John
• Steve & The Board - Farmer John
• Vic Sabrino - Rock Around The Clock
• Johnny Cooper [NZ] - Rock Around The Clock
• Peter & The Silhouettes - Claudette Jones + FURTHER UPDATE
OBSCURE ORIGINATORS DEPT
This singer from Philadelphia recorded the original version of a big Australian hit of the 1960s. He was in a group called The Lavenders with Leon Huff of Gamble & Huff, the Philly Soul masterminds.
What was the Australian hit song that he originated? More here.
NEW TO THE LINKS PAGE
• Stage musicals: data at Ovrtur
• Aussie pirate DJ Ian Damon (Davidson)
• Film & TV soundtrack listings: search at Ringostrack
• Who Sampled: search sampled songs and their samplers.
• Oh Boy! 50s UK TV pop show, episode-by-episode history
AUSTRALIA'S PREMIER SONG HISTORY SITE SINCE 2004
Website by Lyn Nuttall.
Development: Lachlan Nuttall. Graphics: Gina Nuttall.
© Lyn Nuttall 2004-2017
Chart positions courtesy of Gavin Ryan's Australian Chart Books and Dean Scapolo's Complete NZ Music Charts.
Special thanks to Terry Stacey for information, corrections and suggestions.
Thanks also to Tony Watson, Joop Jansen, More...